Rockdale County, GA
**In an effort to minimize the spread of the Coronavirus in our community, masks are required, and a maximum of 6 people are allowed, in our lobby.
**Renew quickly at any Georgia MVD Self Service Kiosk, including at Kroger in Conyers Square. Click here for kiosk locations.
**Find an emissions testing center here. Emissions tests are required for 1998 - 2019 model year gasoline-powered cars or light-duty trucks.
In Rockdale County, Georgia, community transmission is currently Low
Individual and Household Recommended Prevention Behaviours:
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines and boosters
- Maintain improved ventilation throughout indoor spaces when possible
- Follow CDC recommendations for isolation and quarantine, including getting tested if you are exposed to COVID-19 or have symptoms of COVID-19
- If you are immunocompromised or high risk for severe disease
- Have a plan for rapid testing if needed (e.g., having home tests or access to testing)
- Talk to your healthcare provider about whether you are a candidate for treatments like oral antivirals, PrEP, and monoclonal antibodies
Rockdale County - GA makes every effort to produce and publish the most accurate information possible; however, this material may be slightly dated which would have an impact on its accuracy. Any errors or omissions should be reported for investigation.
A motor vehicle must be registered within 30 days of purchase. For new residents, a motor vehicle must be registered and a Georgia driver's license obtained within 30 days of moving to Georgia.
Meet Your Tax Commissioner
My name is Tisa Smart-Washington and I am honored to be your Tax Commissioner. My staff and I are dedicated to providing exceptional service to the citizens of Rockdale County. We are here to serve you.
Apply for Exemption
To qualify for a homestead exemption, you must own and be occupying your personal residence as of January 1. By state law, your homestead becomes your legal residence for all purposes in the state of Georgia, including vehicle registration and voting. You may qualify for only one homestead exemption in the state.